Thursday, April 9, 2009

Indian Dahl

It's no secret that I'm obsessed with Indian food.

I could eat it all day, everyday if I a) knew more recipes and b) had more necessary ingredients.

Since deciding in January that I wanted to cook more Indian food, I have only acquired about 8 of the 1000 or so spices most recipes entail. I know, I know...once you buy them they'll last you forever, but I'm waiting until this summer when I won't have to buy the groceries to add to my spice supply.

And of course, in college, I love cheap and easy. Vegetarian of course, and if it's vegan well, that's just another plus in my book. Easy vegan?! What?!

Last year I discovered the Vegan a Go-Go website and podcast. The recipes are stunningly easy and cheap for the most part. I've tried out countless recipes since I began keeping up with Vegan a Go-Go and was so excited when an "Indian Dahl" recipe was posted. I tried it out on Sunday and it made enough to last me through today {Thursday}.

Basically: red lentils, onions, spices, tomatoes, and spinach. Yummm, spinach.

So flavorful! So simple! So cheap!

Now make it. Even if you think it looks unappetizing.
{It's not.}

No comments: