Saturday, April 18, 2009

Montecarlo

The Italian Montecarlo, of course.

On Thursday, I went on my last food and wine field trip to "Fattoria Il Poggio", a winery in Montecarlo. Unfortunately it started to downpour as soon as we go out onto the fields to learn the process, so we all hustled inside their restaurant to eat.

This particular winery in Montecarlo produces only three types: bianco, rosso, Vin Santo. They also turn out some incredibly high quality olive oil every November.

We ate fresh pasta with ragu {tomato sauce for me}, sheep's cheese and salami, fresh bread, olives, sundried tomatoes, and biscotti to dip in the Vin Santo.

The red tasted like a much less acidic version of the red wine they serve you on the plane: very light, very fruity. I liked the white as well, and of course enjoyed the sweet Vin Santo. {who doesn't like wine liquor that you can dip cookies in?!}.

Very sad that this was my last winery trip in Italy. At least, in my opinion, it was also the best.

P.S. I have tons of posts to catch up on. I've been pretty busy these past few days!

1 comment:

la petite fashionista said...

oh man, school trip to a winery? ah-mazing. I've loved reading about your experiences and living vicariously through you.

I'd love some tips on how you've been budgeting your money while abroad? I'm not going to be gone near as long but I'm already stressing over what I should be spending $ on & how much to spend. :)