Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ugly Shoes

I bought some Sperry's.

These are not my first pair of ugly shoes. My beloved chocolate brown Birkenstocks circa 10th grade are still with me today and are worn to work or out walking.

Then there were the chocolate brown Uggs. Nowadays in the fall and winter, I will only wear them around the house or if I am in an incredibly depressed mood/PMSing. But those things are as ugly as hell and everyone knows it.

And how about Crocs? Granted, I won't wear foam/plastic/whatever shoes under any circumstances, but they are comfortable. How come that all the ugly shoes are always the most comfortable? Hm?

I have wanted to get my hands on a pair of Nike + Cole Haan heels for the longest time, but at this point in my life, I really cannot justify the price tag. And even some of THOSE shoes are pretty hideous. Up until now, Aldo has produced some of the most comfortable shoes for me, but only for a year or so until they get worn down.

I am sure there are stylish & comfortable shoes out there, and believe me the Sperry's were only bought {okay, my dad bought them for me} for work since I am on my feet for so long.

This article today made me feel a lot better about my Topsiders though...and got me thinking about what "true American style" really is...

But I'll save that for another time.

3 comments:

Farmer's Daughter said...

Those look like my dad's docksiders.

I wear flipflops or hiking boots. Ditched the heels in my early 20's.

Everydaywoman said...

OMG, I was just about to say that those "ugly shoes" you have pictured are my husband's all-time favorite shoes, but Abbie beat me to it! We went to a wedding this past weekend, and he was all dressed up in a suit and tie and he insisted on wearing those shoes! Comfort starts with your feet. Give me a stylish pair of "thongs" anyday, with a little heel . . .

Cara said...

Cole Haan shoes Nike Air technology are really very popular. These shoes are a perfect combination of style and comfort.